Daniel Krebs - Partner
As a partner with Alliance Counsel, Danny Krebs brings over 25 years of legal and investment banking experience. His practice has evolved to include a range of corporate and real estate transactional matters with small and emerging growth companies. On the corporate side, Mr. Krebs works with a number of early stage technology companies counseling them through the day-to-day business issues to help them achieve success. His expertise includes company formation, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, debt financing, and commercial and licensing agreements. He also has developed significant expertise in real estate transactions, primarily focusing on commercial leasing, acquisitions and financing.
Before helping start the firm, from 1999 to 2002, Mr. Krebs was a principal with Presidio Financial Partners, a San Francisco investment bank. He worked as an adviser in M&A and private placements for a range of growth companies in both the technology and consumer sectors. Prior to Presidio, Mr. Krebs was in private practice. He started his career with Bronson, Bronson & McKinnon, a large firm in San Francisco. Following that, he was a partner with the Hyde Law Corporation.
Representative transactions include:
- Counseled a payment processing company and a multi-player game platform start-up in acquisitions by Verisign and Yahoo, respectively
- Preparation and negotiation of a series of commercial technology agreements for a mobile advertising platform
- Represented executive team in $300M merger with international telecom company for acquisition issues and executive packages
- Negotiated a $24M real estate loan for the financing and development of an industrial real estate project in the SF Bay Area
- Advised on and negotiated three rounds of venture capital financing for a leading restaurant company
- Negotiated a key partnership between a VOIP telephony company and a major internet company
- Represented a restaurant group in the acquisition and management of Lark Creek Restaurants
Mr. Krebs earned his law degree from the University of Southern California Law Center, where he also served on the school law review. He graduated with honors from the University of California, Berkeley with a B.A. in Political Science. He enjoys living in Marin County with his wife, and they have two sons.